On 29-7-2016, the BSNL Corporate Office has issued an order regarding extension of CGHS facilities to BSNL retirees
- 1.On 20-2-2014 order was issued that BSNL retirees can opt either BSNLMRS or CGHS.
- 2.But it was not yet extended to BSNL retirees by CGHS. Main reason was the premium to be paid by the BSNL staff or BSNL pensioners is determined based on Grade Pay.There is no grade Pay system in BSNL.
- 3.Now CGHS has asked DoT to indicate the equivalent basic pay (in CDA pattern) and the Grade Pay to fix the premium and the eligibility for room rent etc.
- 4.BSNL is asking the Retired employees to approach the DOT and get the equivalent basic pay! The intention is not to help the pensioners. BSNL corporate Office took more than 20 months to study the matter and issue such a strange instruction!It is BSNL style.
- 5.BSNL will pay onetime premium for the serving staff.But, Pensioners themselves should pay the premium.